Anglican Schools Commission
The Canberra and Goulburn Anglican Schools Commission Implementation Group (CGASCIG) was established by Bishop-in-Council in October 2015 to implement the recommendations contained in the final report from the Diocesan Education Review (submitted in May 2015) and to formulate a terms of reference for the new Commission, including the drafting of a new Ordinance.
As a committee of Bishop-in-Council the Anglican Schools Commission of the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn (ASCCG) will function closely with the Council to provide timely, accurate and relevant reports concerning the financial, educational and missional performance of the schools.
The ASCCG was formally established in April 2016 under the provisions of the Anglican Schools Ordinance of the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn 2016 which was passed by Bishop-in-Council and assented to by the Bishop on 15 April 2016.
The current membership of the ASCCG is:
Mr David Holmesby (Chair)
Archdeacon David Ruthven (Deputy Chair)
Ms Louise Gilding
Ms Joanne Garrisson
Commission Secretary: Ms Heather Walsh
The work undertaken since the formal establishment of the Commission has included:
- Review of school ordinances to ensure consistency
- Review of the financial position of Diocesan Schools
- Development of Categories of Schools to ensure appropriate reporting requirements
- Development of KPI’s for Diocesan Schools
- Development of opportunities to assist with cooperation between all the Anglican Schools in the Diocese.