Anglican Diocesan Services
Welcome to the Anglican Diocesan Services pages. The Bishop’s Office and each of the directorates of the Anglican Diocesan Services has its own set of dedicated pages which form the various sources of information, links and forms that parishes, clergy and church office holders may need in the course of their duties.
Information is updated regularly so please check these pages frequently to ensure that you are using the up-to-date forms and resources.
The ADS was established to consolidate core administrative functions within a single shared services entity. View the organisation chart.
The objectives of the ADS are to:
- Provide for Missional alignment across the Diocese;
- Provide Diocesan-wide consistency and standardisation within the areas of ADS while acknowledging the uniqueness and complexity of individual agencies and the services they provide to the community;
- Enable a process of continuous improvement in the provision of service standards, ensuring efficiencies
across the agencies are maximised leading to reductions in overall infrastructure costs.
The strategic vision for the ADS encompasses three critical areas:
Shared Service Provision
Principle: To foster a service culture to serve the Diocese and its agencies by providing:
- Access to professional expertise
- Staff development and career paths
- Responsiveness to the needs of the clients
- Clear definitions of expectations placed on the services
- Continuous improvement in services and quality
- Grievance and escalation processes
Customer Driven Quality
Principle: To foster a culture of continuous improvement in the provision of service standards by:
- Raising the service quality levels
- Meeting statutory obligations
- Meeting the agreed needs of all
- Continual engagement within and across Diocesan agencies
- Clear process for feedback on performance
- Clear communication channels
- Acceptance by all agencies
Cost and Process
Principle: The provision of efficient and effective delivery of services by:
- Eliminating duplication of infrastructure costs
- Standardised frameworks, policies, procedures, reporting frameworks and formats
- Ensuring the balance between cost versus quality and that the provision of services is continuously reviewed
- Striving for continuous process improvements within the entity