For further enquiries and questions on clergy licensing please contact the Diocesan Bishop’s Office on 6232 3612.
The following documentation must be completed by all clergy (deacons, priests and bishops) being licenced in this Diocese for the first time, when moving to a new position within this Diocese and when seeking an Authority to Officiate (ATO).
An Authority to Officiate differs from a clergy licence in that the ATO generally is not to a particular position, rather to a role and permission is granted to officiate as a deacon or priest within this Diocese whenever lawfully invited to do so.
For clergy licencing (including ATO’s) the following documents need to be completed and cleared by the Diocesan Bishop before he/she is able to grant a licence.
Safe Ministry Checks
- Anglican Church of Australia the National Register Check (This check is undertaken by the Bishop’s Office, no form needs to be completed)
- Safe Ministry Check – Ordained Ministry, Paid, Licensed Church Worker
- Safe Ministry Referee Form – Ordained Ministry, Paid, Licensed Church Worker – It is the responsibility of applicants to send their referees (listed in the Referees Section of the SMC Questionnaire) a copy of the Safe Ministry Referee Form for completion.
- AFP National Police Check (NCP) Application Form and Diocesan Instruction Sheet
- Creating Safe Ministries (CSM) Workshop completed (see CSM Workshop Calendar & Information Sheet & CSM Workshop Registration Form or complete the Online Safe Ministries eTraining)
- For Clergy working in NSW please complete the online NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) and send you WWCC number to the Diocesan Bishop’s Office
For Clergy working in the ACT please complete online ACT Working With Vulnerable People’s Check (WWVP) and send a photocopy of your card to the Diocesan Bishop’s Office.