Information, Resources and Updates on the Bushfires
This page will provide resources and updates on responses from the Diocese and its Agencies to the bushfires. Please check back here regularly as well as on the Diocesan Facebook page.
Pastoral Letter from Bishop Mark
Donating to Anglicare’s Bushfire and Emergency Relief Appeal
By donating you will be supporting those who have been evacuated, injured, lost property, livelihoods or even loved ones. Monetary donations – will be used to provide extra support to existing services and to create pathways for long-term recovery. You can donate directly at https://www.anglicare.com.au/services/get-involved/appeals/bushfire-appeal-2020/
For further information on donating other items, see here.
Stephen Robinson from Disaster Recovery Chaplains Network will be speaking on Initial Disaster Recovery issues and phases of recovery at the Anglican Church 6 Herarde Street Batemans Bay on Thursday 19 January from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. This is intended to be an overview of issues for local priests and senior leaders. Please feel welcome to attend.
Resources for bushfire recovery
- Anglicare – Getting help following Bushfires
- Bushfire recovery useful tips
- NSW Government Bushfire Recovery Assistance
- Bushfire recovery social connections
- Bushfire recovery pleasurable activities
- Bushfire recovery managing emotional distress
- Bushfire recovery helpful thinking
- Looking after ourselves in the midst of the bushfire emergencies