The Reverend Ian Marshall was Inducted as the new Rector of The Parish of Queanbeyan District Anglican Church on 23 September 2020. Ian has been Locum for the Parish for about the last two years.
Bishops Mark and Carol and Area Dean David McLennan presided.
Reverend Ian was welcomed to the Parish by Pastor Peter Junor from the Baptist Church, Queanbeyan, and Richard Broughton as a Warden for the Parish.
Reverend Ian was presented with the usual symbols of ministry during the service, and also a local symbol of ministry which consisted of six vials filled with different coloured sands representing the diversity of our Parish.
The sand colours represent:
- red – Christ Church, Queanbeyan – ‘the heart’
- ochre – St Paul’s, Burra – ‘of the land’
- green – St Matthew’s, Karabar – ‘vibrant in community outreach’
- blue – Waters’ Edge, Googong – ‘by the water of Googong’
- purple – St Thomas’, Michelago – ‘surrounded by mountains’
The sixth vial combines all the colours of the others to represent the unity of the one Parish.
Reverend Ian, and his wife Robyn, are warmly welcomed by the Parish, and we pray that the continued ministry of Ian and Robyn is strengthened and guided by God’s wisdom and grace.