Commencing Term IV 2021 or Term I 2022.
St Columba Anglican School is the youngest school in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton opening in 2002. It is a vibrant and successful school that is recognised for its innovative approaches and its capacity to provide its community with an excellent education and has 1180 students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and 130 children in the Early Learning Centre.
St Columba Anglican School is founded on faith. The Christian ethos is present in its caring philosophy and its concern to produce educated leadership.
The aim of St Columba Anglican School is to be the most outstanding school in New South Wales. It is the product of the vision of a community – to build a school with access to all who want their children to achieve the highest standard of education and behaviour.
Our Chaplain will be:
- committed to upholding the ‘Anglican Diocese of Grafton Schools Ethos Statement
- a leader who inspires and encourages leadership development in others, works well with the School’s leadership teams and shows how true leadership changes the world for the better;
- innovative in approach and someone who makes the ceremonial and sacramental aspects of the School relevant, attractive, engaging and inclusive;
- a manager who ensures that the areas of his her/responsibility are managed well and meet the School’s protocols and processes;
- someone to whom people can safely bring questions, challenge assumptions and sharpen their understanding of our Christian tradition and view of the world;.
- able to build support and sustain a team approach to chaplaincy;
- someone who has the capacity to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders;
- a person who understand that chaplaincy is a position that requires tact, diplomacy and wisdom at the same time as having the capacity to remain true to the School’s vision and values;
- someone who understands that this School will never accept mediocrity in approach, thinking or performance;
- someone with the capacity to relate effectively to a school community that includes families from a diverse social, cultural and theological backgrounds.
St Columba’s School Chaplain will:
- have a current WWC clearance and be willing to undertake a National Criminal Record check.;
- have the knowledge and skills for assisting in the implementation of Child Safe Standards;
- hold or be willing to obtain the requisite Certificate IV units in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care;
- have the minimum theological qualification for ordination in the Anglican Church of Australia, which is a Bachelor of Theology degree or equivalent from a recognised university;
- be an ordained priest of the Anglican Church of Australia and eligible to be licensed by the Bishop of Grafton;
- act under the direction of the School Principal;
- be a member of the School Executive and have the requisite skills, knowledge and experience to be a part of the School’s leadership team;
- have strong emotional resilience and conflict resolution skills;
- preferably have a professional teaching qualification in Religious Education or Education;
- exhibit pastoral skills and understandings which will enable her/him to exercise pastoral care for both young people and adults;
- show an ability to work as a member of a team in the School community and with local clergy where that is appropriate;
- have a degree of maturity of Christian faith which will give integrity to his/her ministry with students, staff and parents;
- possess an open and warm personality demonstrating a loving concern for others;
- be able to be well understood when communicating verbally, motivating audiences, listening effectively and presenting ideas clearly in person and in written form.
This full time role is based in Port Macquarie and the Chaplain will be employed on a stipend through the Diocese of Grafton.
Please visit our website www.scas.nsw.edu.au to learn more about the role and take a virtual tour of the School.
Please submit your application including a cover letter and resume no later than 6th August 2021 to the Human Resources Director email@example.com.
St Columba Anglican School is committed to child protection, as such the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory employment screening in accordance with the law. Applicants are expected to have read and indicate support and compliance with the Anglican Diocese of Grafton Schools Ethos Statement.