Good Shepherd is a medium size Anglican Church located in the geographical centre of Canberra. We have two full-time and three part-time staff. We have four Sunday services. We currently have a membership of around 85 children, of whom half are under 5 years old. More information can be found on our website at www.goodshepherdcurtin.org
We are looking for a committed evangelical Christian to oversee our children’s ministry. This is a 2-3 day paid ministry position.
- Strategic oversight, program design, and effective implementation of the Sunday Kids Ministry (9.30AM and 4.30PM services), Wednesday Playgroup, Tuesday SUPA Club and mid-year holiday program.
- Strategic oversight of (small) youth ministry, providing support and working in partnership with the Youth Ministry Coordinator (volunteer).
- Implementation, management and communication of rosters for children’s ministry.
- Recruitment, training and resourcing of leaders for children and youth ministry.
- Pastoral care for children and their parents where needed, in collaboration with other ministry team members
- Continuous improvement and review of programs and events across Children’s Ministry at Good Shepherd.
For a full job description and further information about our church, please contact Rector Guy Matthews at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0430 358 323.
Applications should include a cover letter and a CV listing your relevant experience and referees, and can be sent to the above email address.
Applications should be made ASAP.