Holy Covenant is looking for a children’s worker to join our ministry team (12 hours per fortnight). The position will lead and coordinate the children’s program at the 10am service during school term time. The successful applicant will need to collaborate closely with the minister and youth program to support the faith development of young people and achieve the ministry objectives of a growing Anglican Church.
Interested applicants should contact Libby or Wayne for a position description. Applications will close 29 June 2018.
TITLE – Children’s worker
HOURS OF WORK – 12 hours per fortnight @ $29 per hour
REPORTS – to Rector, supervises volunteer team, collaborates with Youth Worker
To foster and develop the faith of children (aged 3-12) in the parish of Holy Covenant by developing, implementing and coordinating age appropriate programs.
- Develop and implement the children’s program that runs concurrently with 10am Sunday service, using Godly Play or other suitable curriculum
- Coordinate adult volunteers for children’s program, which includes rostering
- Develop and lead all age-services for 10am service (4 per year – Christmas, Easter, Pentecost and All Saints)
- Assist with baptism and confirmation preparation as required
- Assist with other activities for children in the parish including camps for the Diocese and other activities with groups such as Synergy, Camp Pelican and Soul Survivor ACT/NSW
- Meet with staff (monthly) and rector (as necessary)
- Prepare monthly written reports for Parish Council
- Planning, preparation and delivery of education programs and social activities for children aged (3-12 years)
- The capacity to engage and develop the spiritual lives of children appropriately by communicating in ways that are respectful and sensitive to the needs of people from varied family backgrounds
- Undertaking pastoral care with children and their families as necessary
- Administration, particularly managing volunteers through rosters, assisting and preparing reports as required
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other team members, especially the rector and youth worker
- Capacity to work comfortably in an inclusive and diverse Christian community.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong capacity to engage with children and their families
- Strong organisational skills to initiate, develop and implement education programs, including rosters and reporting requirements
- Strong capacity to engage with members and leaders at Holy Covenant in order to build understanding and support for children’s ministry
- Good understanding of pastoral care needs for children and families
- Familiarity with God Play method and philosophy
- Capacity to engage positively with children and families with disability
- Strong understanding of and affinity with Christian faith
- Commitment to the values and ethos of Holy Covenant Jamison, which emphasises tolerance, diversity and inclusion of people from different backgrounds
- Development and delivery of faith-based education programs for children
- Leading Christian programs, including camps
- Relevant qualifications in education, ministry or children and youth work
- Meets Diocesan safe ministry requirements including AFP check and Creating Safe Ministries certificate
- Working with Vulnerable People card
- Drivers licence
- First-Aid certificate (or obtain it on commencement)
The position will be on a 12-month contractual basis and subject to a probationary period of 6 months. Scope exists to expand the role in 2020 for a suitable candidate.